AWAI's Online Forum …
Get Answers and Insights from Fellow Members and Working Writers
Getting feedback from other members and asking questions of those that are now working writers can slash years off your development time … prevent you from making common mistakes … keep you from wasting time … encourage you to keep up with your goals … help you brainstorm new ideas … and dramatically increase your success rate.
AWAI has just launched a new online forum for members and working copywriters where you can participate in group discussions, get questions answered, and brainstorm ideas. (I’m sure anyone who attended this year’s bootcamp would agree that you can’t put a price tag on the value of constructive feedback from your peers and other copywriters.)
You'll be able to:
- Support other members by offering helpful suggestions for improving their work
- Find a buddy to work one-on-one with members
- Share ideas and success stories with your fellow AWAIers
- Discuss upcoming events
- Get fresh ideas when you’re stuck
- Build your network of copywriting associates
Take a minute today to check it out. Post a message or reply to one that's already been started … brag about your success or learn from someone else's. Each topic has an expert moderator that will check in regularly to answer questions and field responses.
Here's how it works:
Let’s say you want to discuss a tip you saw in The Golden Thread. These are the simple steps you would follow to get started:
- Go to the AWAI member forum.
- Registration is required to post and reply to messages, but not to view the contents. To activate your account, click the “Register” button at the top of the screen and follow the simple instructions. You’ll receive an e-mail message a few minutes after you register. You must follow to the link this e-mail to activate your account. Now, you’re ready to post your message.
- Click on “The Golden Thread Online” (located under “AWAI Courses & Publications"). You’ll see a list of topics that are already open for discussion, the number of replies for each topic, the originator of the discussion, and the date, time, and author of the last posting.
- To view the messages on a given topic, click on the subject. The screen will now display the contents of all messages under that topic.
- To reply to a message, click on the “Reply” button. You’ll have to log in using the username and password you set up when you registered. Then, type in the subject you’re replying to.
- To start a new discussion, click on “New Topic” and type in the subject you want to discuss.
- After you post a message, you can still edit or delete it by clicking “Edit” or “Delete.”
- To view discussions in other categories (e.g., “The Writer’s Lounge”), you can either return to the main index (located in the top left corner of the screen) and select the category of interest – or you can simply go to the icon in the lower right corner of the page and use the pull-down menu.
- Though you can view discussions on other topics, you will have to log in again if you decide to post a message in another category. Have fun! Enjoy! Let us hear from you!