Today's Action Plan
Make a list of everything you have done in the last month to achieve your goals. Next to each item, make a mark. Write "A" if it is an action. Write "T" if it is a thought.
If you don't end up with at least 80% of your time spent on positive actions, promise yourself that you will make a change. Don't think about making a change. Do it.
A reminder. My basic recommendation for being successful goes something like this:
- Take responsibility for the current condition of your life. If you don't have what you want, it's nobody's fault but yours.
- Figure out what you want and set specific goals.
- Write them down.
- Write a long- and a short-term plan to develop the skills you need and achieve those goals.
- Work at least 50 hours a week following your plans.
- Spend the first few hours of every day completing the Important-but-Not-Urgent tasks on your to-do list.
- Develop a network to help you. Do this via phone calls, e-mails, and personal notes. Use that network whenever you can.
- If and when you feel like giving up, persist.
- (Please notice that most of these tasks involve actions, not thoughts.)
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »