5 Quick Hints for Walking That Fine Line Between Pestiness and Persistence
When you’re promoting yourself to potential clients, follow-up is essential. But you may wonder just how hard to push. You don’t want them to think you’re a pest. But when you get no response, you go crazy imagining all kinds of negative reasons why they’re "ignoring" you. So… what to do?
- When in doubt, err on the side of making too much contact, rather than too little. At the same time, keep yourself from turning into a pest by following these guidelines:
- Always ask if it’s a good time to talk. And if they say "no," respect that answer. DON’T try to give a shortened spiel.
- Ask if it would be better for them if you call back another time. If so, find out when. (Always wait until a prospect is ready to listen to you. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your breath.)
- Tell them how you found them. People are more receptive to what you have to say if you begin with, "I got your name from…"
- Listen to what they say. Just because you place the call doesn’t mean you should do all the talking.
- Most important: Know when "no" means NO. And let it go.
[To get great advice like this on a regular basis, sign up for Elise’s free email tips at www.marketing-mentor.com.]
Get $25,000 of Training for $1
Right now, you can access over $25,000 worth of training webinars — along with templates, pricing guides, invoicing tools, “how-to” videos, and much, much more — to help you launch your paid web-writing career.
Wealthy Web Writer has everything you’ll need to become a paid web writer.
And during this 30-day “test-drive,” you can get access to the entire site for just $1.