Online Catalogs – a Rich Market for Copywriters
The number of online catalogs increased from 7,440 to 8,903 in the past year, according to the 2006 edition of The National Directory of Catalogs.
Seventy-eight percent of the 11,438 catalogs in the directory are available online, up from 60 percent last year. Other data revealed by the directory:
- 1,320 catalogs are only available online, up from 772 last year.
- In the past 10 years, the strongest-growing categories were Automotive, Education, and Apparel and Accessories.
- In that time, the Automotive category has grown 101 percent.
- The Education category has grown 54 percent.
- The Apparel and Accessories category has grown 11 percent.
[Source: The National Directory of Catalogs, Oxbridge Communications, http://www.mediafinder.com.
Learn how you can tap into the rapidly growing catalog market here: http://www.thewriterslife.com/catalogmarket/]
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »