Americans love to travel. There are endless publications, travel membership groups, websites, even a cable TV channel dedicated to serving travelers.
And the industry is growing fast!
- After being hit hard by the events of 9/11, the American travel industry has made a complete recovery. Cruise ships regularly boast full bookings, hotel occupancies are steadily climbing, and resorts show increased profits.
- U.S. passenger air travel has almost doubled since 1990.
- Expedia.com, a popular travel site, saw a 14% increase in its bookings last quarter.
- Countries around the world report growth in tourism. For example, Kenya’s tourism industry grew by 25% last year; Laos’s by 30%.
- Amazon.com lists 383 magazines dedicated to travel.
- The Who’s Mailing What! Archive alone has tracked 6,411 travel-related mailings.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »