The self-help industry is a fast-growing sector. From life coaches to weight-loss programs to self-improvement books, Americans spend more and more every year … with no end in sight.
- In 2005, Americans spent $9.6 billion on self-help products.
- The self-help market is expected to grow 11.4 percent every year through 2010.
- Americans spend $693 million on self-help books alone each year.
- Amazon.com lists over 90,000 products in the self-help category.
- There are 9,210 self-help mailings in the Who’s Mailing What! Archive.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »