You’re in Good Company…
Many creative people spend time early in their careers working as copywriters. Here’s a list of people you’ll recognize who worked as copywriters before achieving fame outside the DM world. One name that’s missing … Ben Franklin. Our new staff writer Guillermo just told me Old Ben started the first mail order catalog in 1770.
- Sherwood Anderson, author
- Augusten Burroughs, author
- Helen Gurley Brown, former publisher and editor (Cosmopolitan)
- Peter Carey, author
- Gary Comer, founder of Lands' End
- Bryce Courtenay, Australian Author
- Don DeLillo, author
- F. Scott Fitzgerald, author
- Terry Gilliam, director and animator
- Alec Guinness, actor
- Dashiell Hammett, author
- Hugh Hefner, publisher (Playboy)
- Joseph Heller, author
- Russell Hoban, author
- Tim Kazurinsky, comedian
- Rick Moranis, actor
- Ogden Nash, poet
- Bob Newhart, comedian and actor
- Alan Parker, director
- Steven Pressfield, author
- Franc Roddam, director
- Indra Sinha, translator and novelist
- Salman Rushdie, author
- Dorothy L. Sayers, author
- Fay Weldon, author
- Thom Jones, author
Get $25,000 of Training for $1
Right now, you can access over $25,000 worth of training webinars — along with templates, pricing guides, invoicing tools, “how-to” videos, and much, much more — to help you launch your paid web-writing career.
Wealthy Web Writer has everything you’ll need to become a paid web writer.
And during this 30-day “test-drive,” you can get access to the entire site for just $1.