There are thousands upon thousands of catalog marketers in this country. And they all need copy that brings in good results. That spells lots of opportunity for catalog copywriters. Just take a look …
- According to the Direct Marketing Association, online and print catalog sales between 2005 and 2006 grew by 8.3 percent.
- J. Crew, a popular cataloger, saw its print catalog sales fall last year, but its online catalog sales jumped 29%.
- According to a DMA survey, 33% of multi-channel marketers use print catalogs as their primary tool, while another 45% use e-catalogs.
- Market Research reports that there are 16,000 catalog marketers in the U.S. that bring in a total of $160 billion in sales each year.
- The number of Major Catalog Mailers in the Who’s Mailing What Archive: 1,284. That’s 106 more than last year … a 9% increase.
- The number of catalog mailings tracked by the Who’s Mailing What Archive: 58,874. That’s an increase of 4,043 mailings in the last year, up nearly 7.5%.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »