Getting-Clients Tip …
AWAIer Cindy Cyr Dispels the Myth That You Can’t Make Money Working for “Local” Clients
I want to quickly share my successes since Bootcamp last October …
- I write ongoing emails for 2 clients.
- An eye doctor I did a brochure for has hired me to do a second brochure.
- I’m writing Web copy for a trainer for an NFL team who is writing a book.
- I’m editing a 600-page PowerPoint presentation.
- A health company hired me to edit a technical proposal.
All of these are local clients, although a couple of them are quite large companies with continuing needs.
I hope you will encourage new members to look at local businesses that might need their services as a way to start out … instead of just setting their sights on the big players. I did that at first, with disappointing results.
The local businesses I’ve been working for have really put my copywriting career into motion. It’s a win-win situation.
My skills are way above what these businesses are used to … and I’m getting a chance to gain experience and improve my writing.
… AND I am making decent money – $8,150 in January!
Thank you for the programs, support, and inspiration you provide.
Circle of Success Member
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »