The business-to-business industry is alive and well … and in need of good copywriting. Marketing trends suggest that companies are expanding into new media. That means more writing work for you.
- According to Marketing Sherpa, 64 percent of businesses searching for a B2B product or service go to the Internet first. This creates high demand for B2B copywriters who can write good online content.
- A survey conducted by Noll Research found that custom publishing (e-letters and newsletters) is the fastest-growing form of B2B marketing. Many companies combine custom publishing with their direct-mail campaigns – whichmeans more writing is needed for every campaign.
- According to CNET News, B2B companies are increasingly willing to work with outside service providers, like freelance copywriters.
- A survey by BtoB, an industry magazine, found that in 2008, 60 percent of B2B companies intend to spend more on marketing, with half of the survey respondents planning to boost spending on direct-mail campaigns.
- The Who’s Mailing What Archive tracked 27,842 B2B mailings from 684 top mailers.