Most people know that the way to create wealth is through investing. They also know that if they are going to retire in comfort, they can’t rely solely on government programs like Social Security—they have to save their money and t invest it wisely. There is a huge audience of folks looking for sound investing advice, and there is no shortage of products available to assist them. Take a look …
- Amazon.com returns 2,718 results on the topic of “finance.” That’s up 12.5% from last year.
- Hulbert Digest states that there are thousands of online and print financial newsletters. (Hulbert tracks the top 160.)
- The available financial products don’t stop with newsletters. Financial seminars, credit cards and mortgage companies, financial advisors, and financial magazines all use direct response to connect with prospects.
- Retiring well is a big concern for most of the people surveyed by New York Life. 69% said they had plans to supplement their Social Security when they retire. And 70% of retired respondents said that managing their investments was as hard as saving the money in the first place. The vast majority are eager for more information about investing. They said they often turn to investment newsletters and other financial services.
- According to Who’s Mailing What! Archive, the number of financial mailers is down to 340, falling from 559 last year. However, the number of mailings has increased significantly––up 23% to 24,020 last year.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »