The publishing industry is huge. And despite perceived slowdowns in the print industry, online publishing more than makes up for any lost ground.
- Ebooks are the fastest growing segment of the publishing industry. The number of ebooks published grows by up to 50% every year.
- The publishing industry does $300 million in net sales every month.
- Ten thousand new publishers enter the market every year.
- Every year people spend $44 billion on books.
- Newsletter Access, the largest online directory of subscription newsletters, lists 9,549 subscription newsletters in its database.
- Amazon, one of the biggest magazine sellers, carries 93,417 magazine titles.
- The Who’s Mailing What! Archive has tracked 21,633 mailings related to the publishing industry.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »