While the U.S. banking services industry isn’t in great shape at the moment, that doesn’t mean there aren’t opportunities for copywriters, especially locally.
- According to Bankers Online, 70% of marketing efforts by banks fail to meet expectations. This means banks in your area – particularly small, local banks – might be willing to consider new ideas from a copywriter like yourself.
- Banks spend more than half of their marketing budgets on advertising – direct mail is a key marketing method used by most banks.
- More than 70% of banks outsource all or part of their marketing.
- Small banks spend an average of $23,000 on marketing a year … large banks spend more than $10 million annually.
- There are 193 banking services mailers in the Who’s Mailing What! Archive. They mailed 2,408 offers last year.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »