“It’s Your Summer of Money” Challenge Opportunity #1
Build Your Own Money-Making Website
The long seasons are finally over …
Jack Bauer saved the day again and will live to fight again on the Silver Screen.
Simon Cowell's long-awaited American Idol farewell is finally over.
Nicole and Derek took home the coveted mirror-ball trophy on Dancing With The Stars. The Biggest Losers have transformed themselves into the biggest winners. Lost will only be found again in reruns.
I could go on and on, but you get my point.
All the big network shows have wound down and, for the most part, we're in for a summer of reruns and rehashes.
Why am I telling you this?
Because without TV as a distraction, the summer is the perfect time to focus in on creating a secondary income stream for you and your family.
And to help you do that, AWAI is kicking off the "It’s Your Summer of Money" Challenge.
What exactly is the "Summer of Money" Challenge?
Over the next week, we'll be presenting you with six money-making opportunities you can start immediately and have up and running by Labor Day (or sooner).
These opportunities don't require a lot of time to get started. Yet each one has the potential in time to bring you a full-time income.
And to ensure you’re successful, we’ve asked the expert who has been successful with the opportunity to put together a 30-60-90 day plan for you. This way, the most efficient path has been completely mapped out for you; you’ll have no doubt with regards to “what to do next.”
Ready to get started?
Your first spare time money-making opportunity …
I thought we’d kick off the Summer of Money with the opportunity that happens to be one of my favorites.
That’s right: writing a Money-Making Website.
A Money-Making Website is simply an information website on a topic you’re interested in, that’s designed to attract web visitors who are searching the Internet for information on the same topic. Once those visitors arrive at your site, through various methods, they are turned into a passive revenue stream that comes in whether you’re working or lying on the beach.
I'll talk more about how you make money (and how much you can make) in a minute, but I want to start by answering the number one question I get asked:
"Sounds good, but what do I write about?"
The good news is there are literally thousands upon thousands of topics to choose from.
You could write about one of the skills you've picked up from working over the years, a hobby you enjoy, or a favorite place you visit.
You could write about yoga … skin care … solar energy … Alaskan cruise travel … maybe you love horses and could write a site about all the different aspects of horse care …
You're only limited by your imagination!
Karen Patry of Port Angeles, Washington, has raised rabbits for over thirty years. Last year, she started a website about raising rabbits. Karen's goal for her website is to replace her income and support her husband and herself through their retirement.
Garland, Texas resident Kerren Kuntzmen recently launched a site that provides business and marketing guidance to chiropractors. Kerren says she also has plans to start a site offering tips and advice on organic lawn care.
Glenda de Vries from Stouville, Ontario, Canada started a site to help provide women the inspiration they need to have a fabulous menopause.
New Bern, North Carolina resident Susan Feiertag provides information for people to help them recover after they've had a stroke.
Two years ago, Don Kowalski's doctor warned him that if continued down the path he was on, he could develop diabetes, heart disease, and problems with his lungs. On his journey to get healthy (he lost 50 lbs. and quit smoking and drinking beer), he discovered the benefits of drinking smoothies. Soon after, he started his "Smoothie Insider" website.
You can do it for more than just the money …
Now, before I talk about how much money you can make, I'd like to talk about the five non-money-related reasons why this opportunity makes the top of the list, and why you should consider doing it for your Summer of Money Challenge:
- You'll learn a lot about a topic you love — When you start out, you don't have to be an expert in your particular topic (you just have to enjoy writing about it). What you'll soon find though is that you'll quickly know more about your topic than 99.9% of the people on the planet. And not only that, you'll rapidly be viewed by people as being an expert on your topic.
- You'll expand your online business skills substantially — If you've been kicking yourself about learning more about the Internet and how to build a website, this is a perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge base. You'll learn how to do keyword research, link strategies, how to write content that ranks high with the search engines, how to write content that "pre-sells," and on and on. It's easier than you may think! If you make your living writing for the Web (or one day hope to), this is great way to acquire a better understanding of how to improve your client's site.
- You'll be helping people out — Your website will provide people with the solutions and information they are searching for. And you'll be appreciated for it. Karen Patry has already started receiving complimentary emails about her site about raising rabbits. She’s had people tell her how impressed they are with her site and that it's "the most informative rabbit site on the Internet." She really feels she has found her calling.
- It will make you a better writer — Writing is like everything else, the more you do it, the better you become at it. Plus, many people find that the more they write, the faster they're able to write.
- You can work on it at your own pace — You are in complete control of when you work and how hard you work. If one week you can't find time to work on your site, it's no big deal. It's always there waiting for you. I have to warn you though, as the months go by and the money you make starts to snowball, you'll find yourself wanting to spend more and more time on your site.
Although doing it for the money is definitely a worthy reason, too …
Now let's get to the #1 reason for creating a Money-Making Website …
The money you can make!
First off, let's look at how you generate revenue from your site. There are many ways. Here are the top four:
- Google AdSense — This is one of the most popular ways to make money from a content-rich website. Google Ads are "contextual." Contextual means the ad that Google displays on your page is determined by the content of your page. Which is great, because it encourages people to click on an ad on your website. And once they do, you make money!
- Other advertisements — Google AdSense, of course, is not the only game in town. There are dozens of other companies, such as Chitika and Konterea.com, who will pay you when people click on the ads you display on your site.
- Affiliate products — The beauty of a Money-Making Website is that you don’t have to create any products. You can sell other people’s products on your site. There's no inventory to count, product to ship, or customer support required. You just sit back and collect the commissions. For instance, if your website is about water purification, you'd want to become an affiliate of a company that sells water purifiers.
- Selling your own products — Of course, if you want to sell your own stuff and keep 100% of the profits, that’s great, too! A popular and profitable way to make money is by writing and selling e-books on your website’s topic. Birgit Bradtke, who runs a site for people looking for information about Kimberley, Australia, sells her "Destination Kimberley" guide for $27 on her website. It's a big money-maker for her.
How much money can you make?
We've talked about the "how." Now let's talk about "how much."
Allow me to paint a scenario for you …
Imagine how nice it would be to have an extra million dollars in the bank.
Let's say it pays you 5% interest each year, which translates into an extra $50,000 a year. That's over $4,000 coming in like clockwork every month without you lifting a finger.
Writing a Money-Making Website is a way to make that scenario come true for yourself — only without you having to have the million dollars!
It's a way to generate the type of income we all love and strive for — residual income. Residual income is money that comes in whether we're playing golf, throwing horseshoes, enjoying a cocktail, or having an afternoon siesta.
Before I give you examples of the type of money some you can make from your site, I want to make one thing perfectly clear …
This is not a get rich quick thing.
It's a building process. The more content you add to your site, the more your traffic will grow. And the more traffic you have, the more money you'll make.
Brigit, who I just mentioned, brings in over $10,000 a month from her Kimberley, Australia travel site during the peak travel season (during the quietest time of the year it drops to about $7,000 a month).
Richard Bergman, from Ontario Canada, created a website about decks and fences that features some of the products that he's designed. It brings in $2,000 (sometimes more) per month. (Richard says he’s only begun to scratch the surface when it comes to monetizing his site). Aside from the money, good things have happened to Richard as a result of his site. He picked up a big U.S. distributor for one of the products he designed.
One page on Tomaz Mencinger's vacuum site brings him in affiliate income on sales of 3-5 vacuums a day. All told, it translates to about $400 a day (or over $12,000 per month). Tomaz says, “The freedom is unbelievable. I was working for tennis clubs and academies for maybe 10 years. Sometimes I had to go to work and work with people I didn’t like to work with. Now I choose who I want to work with, when I want to work, and how much I want to work.”
And of course, there’s web expert Nick Usborne who, depending upon the time of year, brings in anywhere from $4,000 to $8,000 a month from his coffee website. His website has grown to the point where he only spends a couple of hours a week maintaining it.
How do you get started?
Like anything, the fastest and easiest way to get started is to tap into the experience of someone who's been successful at what you want to do.
Fortunately, Nick Usborne has done the leg work for you. He's tested, tweaked, and refined his Money-Making Website system and put it altogether in his How to Write Your Own Money-Making Websites program — a step-by-step guide on how to write a successful, content-rich, income-generating website.
But this summer, calling it a "program" really doesn't do it justice. Because it's so much more than that …
During the summer (and beyond!), you'll be part of an online community dedicated to helping each other become successful. It's also an interactive learning experience. Here are some events you'll be able to take advantage this summer:
- Nick's 90-day plan for success — As I told you earlier, as part of the Summer of Money Challenge, Nick is going to put together a weekly plan for you to follow. You'll know exactly what you should be doing every step of the way. Follow along with Nick's straightforward guidance and by Labor Day, you'll be well on your way to writing a successful Money-Making Website.
- A live Q & A session with Nick — You'll also be invited to attend a live "Q & A" session with Nick. Listen in as Nick answers some of the most common questions people have about writing a successful Money-Making Website. You'll also be able to submit any questions you might have to Nick for him to answer.
- A live site review session with Nick — A great way to figure out ways to make your site better is to listen in as Nick offers suggestions and ideas to people on how they can make their site better. You'll find plenty of practical ideas to make your site more appealing to your visitors and more effective when it comes to generating revenue.
And, here's something else that will help you be more successful, faster.
Nick just completed a seven-part webinar series going through each step of the Money-Making Website process. During the series he …
- Broke down in detail how to choose the best topic for your site and how to pick the ideal domain name …
- Showed the best ways to get your site online …
- Explained how to structure your site … how to decide what content to write for your site … how to attract even more visitors to your site …
- And even covered the various ways to make money from your site.
With this training series, you'll be amazed at how quickly you’ll progress. And, you’ll get complete access to the entire thing when you sign up.
Plus, you'll also have access to Nick's Money-Making Website forum. It's one of the friendliest and most helpful forums on the Internet.
If you have a question or need an opinion on something, simply post it and Nick or one of the other members will supply you with the advice you need.
See what I mean when I said it's more than "just a program"?
There's no better time than right now to get started …
If you're ever going to put a stake in the ground and start making some meaningful progress on creating a secondary income stream, there's no better time to take action than right now.
And, if all the events we've got planned this summer aren't enough motivation to get moving on this, I've got some more great news for you …
To kick off the Summer of Money, we're offering a $100 discount on Nick's program!
So make this summer one of your most enjoyable, educational,profitable, and life-changing summers yet. Start writing your own Money-Making Website with Nick’s help now.
Just think, in only three months, you could be the owner of your own revenue-generating Money-Making Website. And, quite possibly, already working on your second! That’s right, once you build one, it’s very easy to repeat the process again and again.
Plus, once your website is live, you and your website will be featured on the AWAI website and in our Money-Making Website catalog — which means free traffic and attention from Google right away!
Let me know if I should plan to add your new Money-Making Website to the catalog this Labor Day weekend. I’ll make sure to save you a spot!
Note: If you missed the announcement, you can access all the details on “It’s Your Summer of Money Challenge” here.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »