How Juice, Vacuums and the Australian Outback Allowed a Malaysian, a Slovenian and a German to Live Life on their Own Terms
Sara Ding was feeling "run down" all the time.
She was in her early thirties, yet she found herself being tired all the time despite getting more than enough sleep each night.
Not only that, her complexion was dry and dull … the skin on her legs was dry and scaly … and her hair was falling out in chunks!
She went to the doctor. But her doctor had no idea what was wrong with her. Even so, her doctor prescribed some medication for her to take.
Which raised a red flag with Sara. How could her doctor write her a prescription without knowing what was wrong with her?
It was at that moment that she decided to take action.
After some research, she determined the condition she had was something called Toxemia – which is the poisoning of the blood from poor food choices.
She soon began to devour every book she could find on nutrition. Along the way, she learned about the powerful health benefits of "juicing". She discovered that it was the fastest and most effective way to get the nutrients she needed into her body.
She developed such an interest in it that she decided to start a website about the various aspects and benefits of juicing. She soon became an expert on it.
As a result not only does she feel great, she now averages over $4,000 (in U.S. dollars) per month in Google AdSense revenues alone.
Plus, from affiliate links, Sara's site brings in between a few hundred and a few thousand MYR per month. (Note: MYR is the name of the currency in Malaysia, the country Sara lives in. 3.5 MYR = 1 U.S. dollar).
Her site traffic and income have grown steadily every month.
Sara no longer has to worry about her finances. She recently realized her dream of giving her boss notice at her day job where she works as an office administrator at an international company. (Her last day is in March of this year).
She's able to put aside a big chunk of money in her savings account every month and recently invested in some property. Plus, at least once a year, she goes on a nice vacation.
Sara feels very lucky. "I have this business that is my passion and it allows me to do what I want to do," she says.
Sara adds that after her last day working at her day job she plans to "have a more stress-free life and live a more meaningful life." (Sara plans to devote more time to the various charities she supports once she officially quits her day job.)
Sara is just one of thousands of people around the world who have bettered their situation by creating a content-rich, money-making website about a topic they're passionate about.
For many it's the perfect spare-time, income-generating opportunity. Here are a few of the reasons why it's become so popular:
- It's something you can do from anywhere – It doesn't matter where you live (or what you've done in the past) if you have a computer, you can do this. Most money-making websites target the U.S. marketplace with their ads and affiliate links. This makes it an ideal income-generating opportunity for Americans as they are very in tune with how Americans think and what their hot buttons are. If you're currently living in America but are planning to move abroad, it's something you can start here and keep adding to wherever you may be in the world.
- You move forward at your own pace – You set your own schedule. Maybe it's convenient for you to spend a couple of hours working at this before you go to bed one night or on a Saturday morning. You determine how fast (or slow) you want to proceed. If you're tied up and can't add to it for weeks, even months at a time – it's not a big deal. It will be there waiting for you when you have time to devote to it.
- You'll be doing something you love -- Because you'll be writing about something you're passionate about, this won't feel like work. It's something you'll do because you want to, not because you have to. In her "retirement", Sara plans to create a travel site about Malaysia. As you'll see in a minute, travel sites can be huge money-makers.
- It's something you can transition into a full-time career – Once you get a consistent income coming in from your site that is equal or greater to what you're making at your day job, like Sara, you can say goodbye to your 9 to 5 job (should you choose to). After that you can focus on maintaining and growing your site (or sites) at your leisure.
- It's low-tech – You don't have to be a computer geek to do this. With the advancements in technology, it's never been easier to get a professional-looking website up and running.
- There are no products to inventory or ship – While you can sell a physical product if you choose to, it's not necessary. You can make a steady income from the advertisements you place on your site or sell eBooks which the buyer can conveniently pay for and download from your site with no interaction from you.
- It's a great source of the best kind of income, residual income -- Residual income, of course, is money that comes in whether you're working, sleeping, playing golf or relaxing on a beach somewhere.
- You're creating a substantial asset – Someone recently offered to buy her juicing site from her for $100,000! Of course she said no. Why would she sell the goose that's laying golden eggs for her each month?
Another person whose life has changed from creating a money-making website is Tomaz Mencinger from Slovania. In 2006, he started a website about something the he admits he knew very little about, "vacuums".
In 2009, he was averaging $400 a day from his vacuum site – over $12,000 a month!
Today his vacuum site is bringing him in over $1,000 a day, which translates into over $350,000 a year! It has allowed him to contract two people in the United States to write vacuum reviews for him.
As I'm typing this, Tomaz, a tennis fanatic, is currently in down under taking in the Australian Open tennis tournament.
All made possible by one little website!
And then there's Birgit "B" Bradtke. Originally from Germany, Birgit now lives in a remote and beautiful wilderness area in Australia called Kimberley.
When I first spoke to Birgit in May of 2009, she was making between $6,000 and $9,000 a month from her two travel-themed websites. (A third site about Neem oil was bringing in another $500 to $1,000 per month.)
In February of 2010, she broke the $20,000 a month barrier. For all of last year she averaged about $15,000 per month!
Never one to put up with the restrictions a regular job offers, her travel website allow her to do what she wants, when she wants and where she wants. Six months out of every year she devotes exclusively to travelling the world.
As you can see, the income potential of content-rich, money-making websites is phenomenal.
But I should make something very clear …
Writing a money-making website is not one of those "get rich quick" deals.
So if you're looking to make a thousand dollars in the next 15 days, this is not for you.
But if you're looking for something, that after a slow and steady building process offers an extremely sweet payoff and is something you can do from anywhere in the world, writing a money-making website just might be the perfect opportunity for you.
How to Write Your Own Money-Making Websites
Learn how to write an information website in your spare time and earn $1000, $3000, even $5000 a month in passive income. Learn More »