The 90-day Sprint
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
Well, we're halfway through February, and guess what?
Those New Year's resolutions I thought about on December 31? They're not happening.
That's because I didn't make them.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not against setting goals. Far from it. I have a 3-ring binder full of goals, including 21 specific things I want to accomplish this year.
But two years ago, I stumbled upon something that's been three times more productive for me than New Year's resolutions or yearly goals.
I call it "the 90-day sprint".
Same concept, bigger results. It will help you:
- Focus on a much shorter time period and smaller, achievable steps
- Work with more of a sense of urgency
- Get your year off to a great start (even if you're starting the year now)
- Achieve goals sooner, and celebrate victories more often
- Build momentum going into summer (a whole other challenge)
See, it's all about changing from "marathon thinking" to a sprint mentality.
As a former long-distance runner, when I started the Accelerated Program back in 2004, I looked at the process as a marathon to pace myself through.
It is, in a way, and it's good to think long-term.
But too much endurance thinking has a way of slowing down the brain. You tend to trudge along without a sense of urgency.
I've done it both ways. I've trudged, and I've sprinted. And I've accomplished a lot more when I sprinted, even if it meant I was a bit out of control.
If you want to forge ahead full-steam this year, and leave the plodders in the dust, try this:
- Determine your 90-day sprint period. Start next week, next month, whenever. If you start tomorrow, your sprint will be February 18 through May 19.
- Write down your three most pressing goals. Maybe you want to finish the Accelerated Program. Or get your first client. Or finish your website. Or learn Social Media. I'd recommend making one of the three goals a financial one - how much you want to earn in 90 days, down to the penny.
- For the next 90 days, forget about your New Year's resolutions. Forget (for the immediate future) your 1-year, 5-year or lifetime goals. In fact, don't even worry about what you'll be doing this summer.
- Put your head down and don't look up until May 19. Do everything in your power to develop a laser-like focus on these three goals only, and the next 90 days.
Up for the challenge? Join me as I put on my racing shoes!
Make Money Writing “Collateral” Now
$150 for a 15-word ad? $500 for a 3-minute video script? $800 for a quick content piece?
Yes, Yes, and YES!
If you can master the in-demand skill of “collateral content,” you can start making money as a writer NOW.
Badges — with its online training and feedback on your writing — shows you how.