Great News LIVE From the
B2B Copywriting Trenches
Boy, am I glad most of my clients are in the B2B world.
I’ve always known it’s a promising field for anyone who likes to write copy for businesses that sell to other businesses and professionals, such as suppliers to the medical industry.
But after reading some just-released info a colleague sent me yesterday, I nearly leapt out of my chair with a giant WHOOP-WHOOP!
A new report reveals that B2B marketers are “getting” the value of content as a powerful marketing tool. They’re finding that quality content can attract more prospects to their businesses and turn them into customers. As copywriters, that’s good news for us.
Let’s look at the details.
According to B2B Content Marketing: 2013 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends, which surveyed more than 1,400 North American companies of various sizes and industries:
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing. I had no idea 9 out of 10 B2B marketers consider content as a primary marketing strategy. Wow. And get this …
- 54% of B2B companies will increase spending on content marketing over the next 12 months. Excellent! This means they’ll needs lots of new content. And who will be writing all that content? Perhaps professional writers like us. Here’s why …
- 65% of large companies, and 44% overall, outsource B2B content creation. “Outsource” is the key word here. This means they’re looking to hire freelance B2B copywriters who can create their content.
With so many companies outsourcing their content writing, we’ll all be in high demand in 2013 and beyond!
In the report, B2B marketers listed these types of content to be useful and highly effective for their marketing efforts:
- Articles on their websites
- Case studies
- White papers
- Social media (other than blogs)
That means there’s a wide variety of work for anyone interested in being a B2B copywriter. It’s not all just one thing. There’s something for everyone!
Here’s the most powerful part for professional writers like us. According to the report, B2B clients are counting on content marketing to help them achieve their major business goals.
It looks like 2013 will be a pivotal year in which content marketing is a “must” strategy for improving brand awareness, customer acquisitions, lead generation, customer retention and loyalty, competitive positioning, and more … while also increasing website traffic.
If you’ve wondered about the strength of B2B copywriting as a career path, we now have current, documented proof that we’re becoming an incredibly valuable resource to support a vast and growing demand.
So if you’re currently a B2B copywriter … or you’re thinking about it … consider these recent findings to be a big, trumpeting wake-up call of opportunity for you!
If you’re not quite sure you’re ready to meet the growing needs of these B2B content marketers in 2013, here's how to get up to speed very quickly.
See you tomorrow with more interesting news from the B2B trenches.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »