The Short, Simple, Easy Projects I’m Really Excited About
The Writer’s Life this week was all about choosing a specialty so you can get up and running (and making money) faster. You can learn enough to approach clients very quickly, and you can raise your prices as you get better.
As I mentioned, I’m jumping into a new specialty – customer relationship marketing through e-newsletters. As a writer for The Writer’s Life, it’s my responsibility to keep you updated on the best opportunities in writing.
Here’s why I’m so excited about my new specialty:
- Right now, there are very few writers who know about this industry and even fewer working in it. In fact, I only know of one. But, even so, the demand is huge – and growing. Clients need e-newsletters because they are the best tool to nurture leads and keep in touch with previous clients. (Studies show that nurtured leads produce a 20 percent average increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads (according to DemandGen Report) and clients are eager to take advantage of this.)
- The best industry for e-newsletters is professional service providers and the market is HUGE. Even if thousands – or hundreds of thousands – of writers jump into this specialty, there will still be plenty of work. There are 26 million professional service providers – or potential clients – in the US alone!
- I’ll get to help small companies because smaller companies – like professional service providers – are the ones who benefit most from e-newsletters.
- Clients who already have print newsletters are an easy sell on e-newsletters. They will save money on postage and printing. Plus, they’ll get immediate results from emailing a newsletter without worrying about managing it on their own.
- Because e-newsletters are needed on an on-going basis (at least monthly), I can build layers of income with just a few clients.
- Finally – my favorite reason – the projects are short, simple, and easy – which is exactly the kind of project I love.
There are a lot more benefits, but you can probably already see why I’m so excited about this specialty.
Comment here if you’ll be specializing in e-newsletters with me. I’m excited to meet you!
Creating Email Newsletters for Professional Service Firms
Imagine enjoying the writer’s life — the freedom, the pay, the satisfaction of helping businesses — while writing short, fun content. Discover a little-known-but-extremely-profitable writing niche.
Learn More »