Full-Time Marketing Copywriter Needed for Thriving Business
A new job opportunity just came in from one of our industry friends. They're looking for a full-time, in-house copywriter in the Atlanta area for a variety of both offline and web projects and are hoping an AWAI member can fill the spot.
Here are the details:
Are you equally comfortable writing sales and editorial copy? Can you condense complex ideas into simple and engaging writing that is persuasive and always keeps the needs and desires of the audience in mind? Do you live for the challenge of finding just the right headline , article or bullet point? Are you motivated by a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment backed by a solid and proven business model?
If so, apply for this Copywriter position today. This team is a fun and diverse group of individuals who are responsible for the company's customer acquisition, communications to clients, copy for our magazine, articles, content emails for clients, communications to clients, lead generation activities, cross-selling of products to current clients, and more.
The Copywriter will develop, write and implement a wide variety of collateral that support numerous marketing campaigns throughout the year in addition to supplying content or our blog, magazine, website, and other communications. The Copywriter must possess the ability to move efficiently and comfortably between multiple projects while ensuring the highest-quality finished product. The ideal person will have a background in copywriting, can follow directions well, have a great work ethic, and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced but fun environment. The candidate should also have a GREAT attitude, optimistic outlook and a drive to grow our new business through marketing and copywriting. They will deal with several different departments, coordinating communications and projects for the entire company.
- Brainstorm/write body copy and headlines.
- Help create advertising campaign themes for campaigns and be able to increase engagement of a client or prospective client through the written word.
- Work with internal and external resources to obtain direction and details needed to complete work from conception that inspires action
- Write and edit engaging, relevant, original compelling copy for marketing communications including email and web content, direct mail pieces, advertisements, video scripts, social media, blog posts, articles, press releases, white papers, letters, case studies, newsletters, brochures, product literature or other materials such as sales collateral
- Understand our services/ products, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Work with graphics and marketing teams to craft effective copy for all marketing collateral.
- Be able to see other people’s points of view and take feedback effectively
- Candidate should be able to rapidly produce creative, professional, and persuasive materials that have strong, effective calls-to-action that deliver qualified leads and sales. Present drafts and ideas to management as required.
- Energetic self-starter with knowledge and proficiency in marketing, advertising and creativity trends and practices
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain good humor and grace in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to write compelling copy that informs and motivates consumer audiences.
- Experience writing copy for print ads, direct mail, brochures and other marketing collateral
- You must provide a portfolio to be considered.
- Successful results driven direct response marketing experience (3+ years)
- Excellent copywriting, editing, proofreading and grammar skills
- Proceeding with a sense of urgency and an ability to work under strong deadline pressures are essential.
- Strong project management and collaborative skills
- Local candidates only, please.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings and training sessions at various sites within the city.
- While performing the duties of this job, this employee will be occasionally be crouching, reaching, bending, overhead lifting, balancing, standing, driving and pushing/pulling and lifting/carrying 1-20lbs.
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen.
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
- This employee will also be frequently walking and constantly sitting and typing.
Compensation package will consist of a base salary plus incentives.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
To apply for this position, call 855-314-5364 anytime 24/7!
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »