What Are You Selling?
Christina Gillick here.
This week we’re talking about setting up your freelance website and using it to bring in income beyond client projects …
Let’s say a month has passed …
Your site is launched and attracting tons of clients …
There’s just one problem. You’re already booked solid!
Of course, you could – and should – book yourself out several months so your lead pipeline never goes dry.
But there’s also a way you can cash in on those qualified, potentially paying clients – without doing a custom job for each one …
The secret is information products!
Self-publishing your own information products is a great way to cash in on your “expert status” and raise your income.
In fact, self-published information products (or info products, for short) are one of the easiest ways to make extra income as a freelancer.
Yes, they do require a bit of work up front, but they more than make up for it in long-term, reliable income added to your freelance business.
To get started, let’s think about the kinds of info products you could create …
- A photographer could create and sell printable card templates for clients to use with their photos …
- A writer could put together a set of checklists for clients to make sure they have everything they need to effectively launch a new product or follow up with customers …
- A resume writer could put together a 30-day action plan for finding a killer job …
Basically, if you can dream it, you can do it.
Just remember to consider what your ideal clients want!
Offering something like an e-book or written report doesn’t require a lot up front –
- The investment is low – if you write it yourself, it’s free!
- The profit is high! Once you finish one report, you can sell it over and over again.
- Plus, there’s zero inventory, no shipping expenses, and everything can be automated!
And, you don’t have to stop with written products … you could offer anything – even high value items like videos, podcasts, or informational e-newsletters …
Itching to get started? Here’s today’s action step:
Action Step: Watch this video on self-publishing. Be sure to take notes so you can later add your own info product to your site.
And, remember to keep it simple … even a short 3-page checklist could be positioned to sell for $9.95 or more.
Then, we’d love for you to share your ideas the comments here.
If you don’t yet have a website, start here.
Tomorrow we’ll talk about a way you can make money from your freelance website … even while you’re sleeping. Stay tuned!
Build Your Freelance Website in Four Days
No matter what niche you’re in, if you’re a freelancer, you must have a website that showcases what you do. You can launch your own professional website in just 4 days. Experts show you every step. Learn More »