The World is Ready for You

Congratulations! You’ve written your first article – something to be very proud of. In just three days, you’ve gone from dreaming about the writer’s life to actually writing quality content.

Now it’s time for the whole world to see it.

Before you run away screaming, think about it: you have the essence of great article writing in your bones from copying down those articles you loved. And, you’ve incorporated that into your own content with useful, actionable information for consumers in your niche. They will be thrilled to read it!

It’s actually quite simple to get it out there. And it’s okay to start small: post your article to a simple blog platform. It doesn’t matter which, for now. You could try WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or even Tumblr.com!

Just create an account, follow the instructions, and copy/paste your Word document. It’s as simple as that!

Once you’ve hit the “publish” button, you’ve officially become a writer! However, there’s still one more step to take …

You see, it’s highly unlikely that people will just stumble across your blog. There are a lot of websites out there, and you’re just starting out.

So, you have to rip the band-aid off, and announce your first post on social media!

Tweet that you’ve published a new article and share it on Facebook. Create a Google+ account and link it there, as well. By doing so, you’ll come up in Google searches with a picture next to your article and get a boost in rankings.

This will make the scariest part – putting your work out there – much easier. Your first readers will be your friends and family, who support you. And because your article is so useful, I bet they’ll share it, too.

Everything you’ve done so far is the foundation of good content marketing. Creating quality materials that help others and establish your authority. Then sharing or “distributing” them so others can see it.

What you’ll find, now that you’ve put yourself out there, is that you’ll want to write more. It’s a rush to have people read something you created and give you feedback.

Businesses are desperate for people who can do all of these steps well. And the more you do it for yourself, the better you’ll become! Putting you in a position to launch your freelance career quickly and easily.

If you’re feeling brave, post a link to your content creation in the comments. I would love to read what you’ve written! And tomorrow, I’ll show you the final step in becoming the ultimate “content marketing” superstar!

Content Mastery

Content Mastery: Your Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming a Highly Paid Content Marketing Strategist

Google and others have made it clear that businesses who want to succeed with content marketing need to hire the best writers they can. Find out the skills you need to be one of those writers. Learn More »

Published: August 14, 2014

27 Responses to “The World is Ready for You”

1. Great post! I can totally relate, here's a link to one of my most recent posts on The Corporate Sister blog: www dot thecorporatesister dot com/ditch-book-style-write-concisely-work-2884

The Corporate SisterAugust 14, 2014 at 3:52 pm

2. Hi Robert...

I use my AWAI Marketing Skills to create and publish my own information products.

The following link is my first attempt:

howtoattractcustomersprofitably dot com

Please feel free to comment on my opt-in sales prospect page.

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Dave Wiley

dave84August 14, 2014 at 4:40 pm

3. I started not so long ago with this system you mention. I hope you like what I'm writing! :)
    You can take a peek here:
    www dot cecalli dot com/cecalliblog/tales-of-a-near-world-1/ Thanks for this great post!

CecalliAugust 14, 2014 at 5:13 pm

4. My first article: www dot wideearthmedia dot com/attorney/blog/legalease/fish-v-people-california/

BiaAugust 14, 2014 at 5:34 pm

5. Robert,

Great stuff here. I actually posted my first item on my new WordPress site. It's actually an email I wrote. Take a peek. Link: 98c dot 89c dot myftpupload dot com

I look forward to your feedback ... thanks.

William S

William SAugust 14, 2014 at 5:43 pm

6. Hey Robert;

Stellar set of articles this week. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your wisdom.

In the interests of bravery, I...well, I think...I'm posting my first official blog post.

I've never read a blog post in my life, let alone published one, but your article motivated me to do so.

dkdavis225 dot tumblr dot com

Thanks again for a great set of articles!
    Dan

Dan DavisAugust 14, 2014 at 5:43 pm

7. You're on, Robert. ;-)
    I write occasional articles for a web site under my nom de plume, Joe Portofino. I actually wrote all the content for this site except for one or two articles. The latest is titled "Sixth Circuit Ruling Misses the Mark." You'll find it at www dot consumersdebtdefense dot com. The site has been up since April. Regards, Joe S.
    P.S. I am also a certified paralegal.

Joe SAugust 14, 2014 at 6:06 pm

8. www dot linkedin dot com/pulse/article/20140617025100-8991671-making-of-an-exemplar

Guest (satish)August 14, 2014 at 9:27 pm

9. The life and times of a successful wtiter is a very adventurous one. It deals with a wide range og issues, ttopic, drama, facts, theories as well as interesting virues of our societal lives. Written words make the world what it is. It last forever.

Guest (Ben Ezeani)August 14, 2014 at 9:38 pm

10. www dot socialmediadiosa dot com

DiosaAugust 15, 2014 at 8:04 am

11. Hi, here is my latest effort on wordpress. It is part 5 of a 5 part travelogue - would love to hear your thoughts! thairestaurantsguide dot wordpress dot com

Thai Restaurants GuideAugust 15, 2014 at 9:37 am

12. Hello everyone! I want to tell you that a few days ago I started a blog where I tell a story in chapter miterriblemejorfan dot blogspot dot com And this is the first step towards writing and copywriting entertainment. Is that right?

Sandra RaquelAugust 15, 2014 at 1:48 pm

13. Hey there everybody!
    I too just created a blog site and here is the link:
    sojournersouljourney dot svbtle dot com

Hope all of you can take a look and give me some feedback! Be easy on me, please. I really do not know what I am doing at this point -- kinda like a just-born, wobbly colt trying to gain balance. Thanks, Robert.

QI NRG WRITERAugust 17, 2014 at 5:10 pm

14. Robert:
    I am a member, and have written and sent an article to a magazine about fitness.
    I have not heard back from them yet, but, when I do, if it is rejected; I will send it on to another magazine. Hopefully, everyone will see it in a women's magazine, sometime. Susan

Guest (Susan)August 17, 2014 at 9:16 pm

15. THANKS for your feedback, Robert! I will take your advice about keeping up the writing as well as thinking about topics I love to learn and talk about. With so many topics that I love to learn, it will be a challenge to find my right niche. I look forward to the journey and the challenge!
    Best wishes to ALL of you fellow and female writers!!!

QI NRG WRITERAugust 20, 2014 at 8:19 pm

16. Hi Robert,

Because of your emails this week I was inspired to finally compete my very first (4) blog posts on my website. I would love to here any feedback you have to offer.

Thanks so much for this opportunity and for taking time out of your schedule to help us. It is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Can't wait to hear what you think.

Go to: conditionspecificmarketing dot com

Guest (Robert)August 21, 2014 at 4:59 pm

17. Thanks Robert for your comments!
    You know I´m publishing a story by chapters in a blog: miterriblemejorfan dot blogspot dot com and in the future I want to do another blog of entertainment and of course Copywriting. But, I´m still not sure about how I could join the fiction, comedy and the copywriting. Thanks for your kindness:):)

Guest (Sandra )August 22, 2014 at 6:51 pm