AWAI is Looking to Hire an Events Manager
American Writers & Artists Inc. is looking for an Events Manager to work with us in our Delray Beach, FL headquarters.
This is a great opportunity to work in beautiful Delray Beach, Florida, with a fun, growing and dynamic group of talented people who care about helping others develop writing skills that lead to financial security, independence and freedom.
The right candidate will go through a rigorous training program, including working with our member services team for 2 months.
How do you know you’re a good fit for our group?
- You’re detail oriented. This position must be able to execute directions with 100% accuracy.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy helping people.
- You have a good sense of humor and the patience needed to troubleshoot problems and come up with solutions.
- You have a flexible schedule when required for evening or out of town events.
- The thought of helping people change their lives by developing skills that lead to financial security, independence and freedom excites you.
You will assist the Conference & Events Director in the scheduling, planning, and hosting of the company’s live and online training events.
Duties during 2 month training:
During this time you will learn about our members “wants and needs” by interacting with them one-on-one. And you will be trained in the various kinds of events (online and off) that we offer.
Event Manager Duties, once training is complete:
- Assist the Conference & Events Director as needed for all events.
- Create proposals to live events, working directly with the Conference & Events Director.
- Work with numerous event venues.
- Manage event budgets with a variety of vendors; such as printers, entertainment, restaurants, etc.
- Work creatively with graphic designers and editors to produce multiple event graphics and presentation materials.
- Organize post event tasks.
- Serve as backup moderator for live webinars and teleconferences.
- Participate in the daily operations of AWAI working with various tech, member services and marketing staff.
- Become a willing and engaged part of this small but vital organization.
If you’re interested in the position, write a letter about yourself and why we should hire you. Be sure to include any experience you have with coordinating, events, and/or customer service.
Send it to email@example.com along with your resume, salary history, and any other requirements.
**IMPORTANT, make sure to put ‘Events Manager’ in the subject line.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »