AWAI is Looking to Hire an Events Manager
American Writers & Artists Inc. is looking for an Events Manager to work with us in our Delray Beach, FL headquarters.
This is a great opportunity to work in beautiful Delray Beach, Florida, with a fun, growing and dynamic group of talented people who care about helping others develop writing skills that lead to financial security, independence and freedom.
The right candidate will go through a rigorous training program, including working with our member services team for 2 months.
How do you know you’re a good fit for our group?
- You’re detail oriented. This position must be able to execute directions with 100% accuracy.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You enjoy helping people.
- You have a good sense of humor and the patience needed to troubleshoot problems and come up with solutions.
- You have a flexible schedule when required for evening or out of town events.
- The thought of helping people change their lives by developing skills that lead to financial security, independence and freedom excites you.
You will assist the Conference & Events Director in the scheduling, planning, and hosting of the company’s live and online training events.
Duties during 2 month training:
During this time you will learn about our members “wants and needs” by interacting with them one-on-one. And you will be trained in the various kinds of events (online and off) that we offer.
Event Manager Duties, once training is complete:
- Assist the Conference & Events Director as needed for all events.
- Create proposals to live events, working directly with the Conference & Events Director.
- Work with numerous event venues.
- Manage event budgets with a variety of vendors; such as printers, entertainment, restaurants, etc.
- Work creatively with graphic designers and editors to produce multiple event graphics and presentation materials.
- Organize post event tasks.
- Serve as backup moderator for live webinars and teleconferences.
- Participate in the daily operations of AWAI working with various tech, member services and marketing staff.
- Become a willing and engaged part of this small but vital organization.
If you’re interested in the position, write a letter about yourself and why we should hire you. Be sure to include any experience you have with coordinating, events, and/or customer service.
Send it to email@example.com along with your resume, salary history, and any other requirements.
**IMPORTANT, make sure to put ‘Events Manager’ in the subject line.
Your next $5,000-a-month retainer …
The copywriting world is going through a massive shift.
And it’s created a major and urgent opportunity for writers (this could be bigger than web writing was back in the early 2000s!).
With this skill, you could walk in to practically any business. Tell them what you do. Then walk out with a check for $5,000 for the month (and every month after that).
That’s because practically every company on earth wants “in.”
But they need your writing skills to do it.