Get Hands-on Training in the Hottest — and Highest Paying — Niches in Web Writing
Reading your favorite websites and blogs, surfing social media, checking email, or browsing for a product you need in an online store … it’s something we all do every day, probably multiple times a day.
A lot of what we see is marketing for products and services, for companies large and small. From Fortune 500 corporations to small “mom and pop” businesses.
With millions of people across the country and around the world seeking information and looking for products and services, you can see why online marketing is bigger than ever and still growing.
It’s great news for copywriters, as all that advertising and content has to be created by somebody who understand how to engage people with the written word … and compel them to take action. That’s you.
Most online marketing today is done in specific “channels” found to be most effective at reaching an audience. Each industry, each business does it a little differently.
But in general, you can count on them using some combination of social media posts, emails, sales funnels, space ads, lead generation landing pages, editorial/content articles, videos, and SEO-oriented web content.
It’s not hard to see why …
- Long-form blog posts (editorial pieces, essentially) generate nine times more leads than short ones, according to Curata.
- A study from the Social Media Examiner found that 81% of marketers experienced increased traffic with as little as six hours of social media work per week.
- Industry watcher DemandMetric found that content marketing generates three times the leads as traditional marketing.
- And Facebook is huge these days, with 79% of American Internet users on the platform.
These channels are simply the best way to reach prospects and customers.
And with those sorts of results, clients are willing to pay well to writers well-versed in these special types of web writing.
- An editorial/content piece for a marketing campaign can pay $300 to $800 (for just 500-1,200 words).
- For a series of email lift notes you can bring in $1,000 or more.
- A script for a two or three minute video can pay $500.
- And you can expect a $2,000 monthly retainer to oversee a company’s social media campaigns.
With the program AWAI Verified™: Mastering The 8 Collateral Marketing Projects Every Copywriter Must Know (we call it Badges for short), you can get in-depth, hands-on training in the most in-demand web copywriting specialties.
You’ll even get a certification for each type of marketing project that you can include on your website, email signature, and elsewhere. Those Badges are sure to catch a client’s eye. And with those qualifications you’ll feel confident in going after high-paying projects.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »