The doors close tomorrow at midnight! We open the doors to Circle of Success only once, maybe twice a year – and then only for a short period of time.
This is one of those times – but tomorrow's the day we stop taking new members and start putting everything into place for everyone who's just joined.
And by everything, I mean:
- Career Planning … where we get together and, between the two of us, develop a detailed plan for getting you to where you want to be professionally … taking into account such things as your strengths, interests, how much money you want (or need) to make, and what kind of lifestyle you're looking to have.
- Skill Development … where we not only help you develop the writing skills you need to be an A-level copywriter in your chosen niche … but also give you the marketing knowledge and industry insights you'll need to become recognized as a true expert in direct-response marketing.
- Portfolio Building … where we help you build a substantial body of sample letters and direct-response campaigns you'll be proud to show to prospective clients.
- Career Launching … where we focus on getting your name known among the marketers in your field … lining you up with potential clients … and making sure you have all the resources and support you need to make your first professional campaign an eye-opening success.
- Ongoing Professional Support … so you can come back to AWAI for the latest in what's working in all areas of direct marketing … have free access to any additional resources you may need … and get any questions that may come up answered.
It's funny … No matter how many new perks we add to Circle of Success membership, the one that gets people the most excited is the fact that you get every resource AWAI offers – over $50,000 worth – absolutely free, for the rest of your life.
That's a great benefit, of course. But I want to make sure you know that Circle of Success is about much more than "everything's free."
- It's about having the support you need from us and your fellow members any time you need it …
- It's about putting together a roadmap that ensures your immediate and long-term success …
- It's about working directly with Don Mahoney or Paul Hollingshead on your next project …
- It's about making a powerful statement to us and the entire direct-response industry that you're serious about your career in copywriting and that you will succeed.
So many people who have gone through Circle of Success tell us it wasn't just the many resources they instantly had access to (although they don't deny it helped tremendously!).
It was because their copywriting career suddenly had direction and purpose … and that they were constantly being challenged and motivated.
Cindy Panetti Cyr is a perfect example … She wrote to me recently and said: Here is some of what I gained from COS …
- I leapfrogged my learning curve with the accelerated training courses and Bootcamps.
- I discovered a support system that gave me encouragement when I needed it, answers when I didn't know where else to turn, and a cheerleading squad when I succeeded.
- I gained both know-how and confidence in my abilities through many of the programs.
- I learned exactly how to write for each type of client I secured by having access to every program – giving me confidence as well as helping me provide a much better product for my clients.
- I received a complete written timeline with how and when I should complete coursework and self-promotion in order to succeed as a copywriter.
Cindy ended her note to me with: Sure, I can see how people might be hesitant to invest in this program … but if you are serious about becoming a successful copywriter … I truly believe there is no better way than by becoming a member of Circle of Success.
Now, here's how it's going to work tomorrow: You can claim your spot online any time between now and tomorrow at midnight.
The terms and savings options are very clear. Register right online and you'll get a personal welcome call on Monday or Tuesday from Jacqueline Palmer, your COS liaison. Then you'll hear from either Rebecca or me regarding your personal Career Achievement Plan.
Or you can call Jacqueline, Debbie, or Pat at 1-866-879-2924 before 5 p.m. (Eastern) on Friday to find out what discounts you qualify for. Together, you'll come up with a "name your terms" payment plan that works for you.
WARNING: This always happens. The phones are going to be very busy tomorrow starting at about 1 p.m., Florida time. We're prepared for it. But just to be sure you don't miss out because you can't get through, I strongly suggest you get your deal in place before then.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our Circle of Success!
From "feast or famine" to steady income and true freedom. Rebecca recently interviewed up-and-coming copywriting star Rachel Karl for the Wealthy Web Writer. Rachel went from struggling copywriter to four retainer clients (plus several other per-project clients) in two short months after taking Jay White's Autoresponder Apprentice program.
"One thing that really helped me," says Rachel, "was getting clarity on the type of clients I wanted … people who understand the value of good copywriting and marketing, respect me as a consultant, and are willing to pay me what I am worth.
"I also think what spurred my sudden growth was the fact that I focused on one main area." Rachel's advice: "Just choose an area you like and go for it. In my case, I finally settled on writing emails for clients, but I plan to expand more into sales videos, website audits, and Web content."
You can read Rebecca's full interview with Rachel here.
AWAI website username JerBear read it and had this to say: "These articles and interviews do a great service to AWAI members like myself who know we can achieve our writing goals, but just have self-doubts we deal with."
3 ways to "shift the fingers to the right keys" to increase your money-making potential … plus 3 easy, concrete actions you can take right now to make an instant, big difference in your marketing efforts. That's what Joshua Boswell delivered in Monday's issue of The Golden Thread. If you missed it, you can read it here.
"This was truly excellent," wrote Sara in member feedback about Joshua's article. "And exactly what I needed to hear today. I was about to start on a new proposal and truly was setting my prices too low as I wanted to 'help' the person. I knew within myself that this company didn't necessarily want the help but was instead just going through the motions to see what they could get for cheap. This article has saved me a lot of time, energy, and probably frustration – and freed me to find a more suitable client."
And Nina wrote, "I enjoyed Joshua's advice and take it to heart. I've been writing DM copy for over 15 years, and I still occasionally get knocked off my center when it comes to knowing and upholding my worth as a writer."
Joshua ended that article with: "We only ever get in life what we 'are,' not ever what we 'want.' That is why 'becoming' is so vital." That really sums up what Joshua has planned for those who will be joining him for his upcoming life-changing event in Dallas on June 26.
In just one day, Joshua promises to help you experience the power of overcoming your fears, pushing past old barriers, and shifting a few key things in your heart and mind so you actually "become" a six-figure copywriter – mentally, emotionally, and in practice.
Plus, he's outlined a thrice-proven pattern for making more than six figures in as little as six months. He's going to give you step-by-step, day-by-day instructions so you can wake up every morning and hit the ground running.
There's more than that, too. If you're curious about what it would do for you to participate in this one-of-a-kind, full-day experience, click here now to learn more.
Jeremy Thomas will be in Dallas … even though the event happens to fall on his grandmother's 80th birthday. "We're giving her a big blowout surprise party in Dallas, so I'll already be there. I couldn't see how I could go to both, but then I realized I can't miss either. See you in Dallas."
AWAI member Beth Strauss is another success story from the first group that walked through the How to Write Your Own Money-Making Websites program with Nick Usborne in January.
Beth says, "I launched my site in March and it's steadily grown in size and traffic ever since. These past few months have been an amazing experience, and I'm confident this site will help me generate a healthy second income over time."
Beth's site, www.WorkingMomsofTwins.com, offers support and advice for working mothers of twins and multiples.
You don't have to know the first thing about creating a website. Nick's program walks you through the entire process (even how to select a topic). And once you get your first site up and running, it's easy to start another one.
Congratulations to Catherine Leonard … Andrea Middleton … and Malcolm Dell. They've each earned their first $250 from AWAI. They took us up on our ongoing $10K Spec Challenge with article submissions for The Golden Thread. Look for their bylines soon.
Why SEO Matters for Online Marketing. In a study of Google numbers, researchers analyzed how different rankings affect website traffic. They found that the #1 position on Google gets as many clicks as positions 2, 3, and 4 combined. In fact, the top spot on Google garners 34% of all traffic.
The biggest gap between two positions is between #10 and #11. Traffic to position 10 is 143% higher than traffic to position 11.
What all this means to you and your clients is that a better search engine ranking on Google – even a single position better – can dramatically increase traffic and sales.
And those search engine rankings impact blogging, too! Many businesses maintain a blog, but they aren't necessarily taking steps to optimize their entries. As a result, they could be missing a valuable source of online traffic. This means that you, as a copywriter, can offer them a valuable service by making their blogs more effective marketing tools.
Here's what to remember about optimizing a blog:
- Do good keyword research. You don't have to build your entries around keywords, but it is worth the effort to find keywords related to the blog's subject matter.
- Work to cultivate backlinks to your blog entries. Use other social media sites to announce your entries, guest blog on influential sites, and give people the option to easily share your blog posts.
- Use keywords in the right places — in the title tag, the headline, the body of the post, and in any image tags. Always make sure you use keywords in a way that is relevant and accessible to your blog visitors — not just to the search engines.
Writing Challenge Reminder: "My Favorite Summer Activity"
One winner will be selected from all entries received. If it's you, you'll receive a $100 American Express gift card and have your essay published on the AWAI website.
Deadline: Sunday, June 20, 2010
More details here.
The myth of "you." Ordinary copywriters adhere to the rule of "you" as if it's a Copywriting Commandment. That is, they address the prospect by the personal pronoun "you" throughout the copy in order to make the letter seem more personal.
But if you've gotten to page 160 of your Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting, you know that Michael Masterson points out that the rule of "you" sometimes works to help you connect with your reader … and sometimes doesn't.
Instead, Michael suggests that you follow a universal principle that works every time – the Principle of Intimacy.
Richard Armstrong, a top copywriter for Rodale Press, Phillips Publishing, and many others over the past 25 years, agrees. He says, "What makes a letter seem personal is not being battered with a never-ending attack of 'you's.' It is, rather, the sense that one gets of being in the presence of the writer … that a real person sat down and wrote you a real letter."
3 quick action steps for personalizing your copy without overdoing the "you" factor:
- Be on the lookout for examples for your swipe file that sound like a real person writing you a real letter. (Tip: Your Hall of Fame book is a great place to start. See Letter #29 from The Thompson Cigar Company.)
- Emulate these examples in your own copy. Work especially on finding your own voice. Best way to do this? Write something every day.
- Re-visit pages 160 – 172 of the Accelerated Program, where Michael describes 8 very effective methods for developing a personal connection with your reader.
Two events you won't want to miss …
Easily turn your copy skills into all-expenses-paid vacations! If your idea of work is relaxing in a Tuscan villa, exploring antique markets in New Orleans, or sipping a cold cocktail on some far-off tropical island, clear your schedule!
On June 8, you can learn all about how you can get paid to live on "permanent vacation" during a free teleconference with Master Copywriter and Seasoned Travel Writer Jennifer Stevens.
Discover the secrets of this exciting career, and let Jennifer introduce you to the romantic world of travel writing.
With more and more travel sites coming online, there's a huge demand for travel writers right now. And with just a little bit of copywriting under your belt, you have a huge advantage.
Live Website Content Audit: What's Working, What's Not, What You Can Improve. How many times have you heard the comment, "I know my website isn't working, but I don't know why."
Also on Tuesday, Wealthy Web Writer Platinum Members will see exactly how to help their clients solve this mystery … while they reap the rewards!
Web content writer and consultant Pam Foster will conduct a LIVE content audit for two website home pages. She'll show you the simple way to:
- Pinpoint the biggest weak spots within 3 seconds
- Find the 5 top clues that a website needs your help
- Identify 5 top fixes you can offer your clients for immediate improvement
- Use a best-practice checklist to do a thorough job
- Turn this into a valued service and get paid $1,000-$2,5000 per audit!
If you're looking for me next week … I'm kicking off the summer vacation season with a vacation of my own. Rebecca has a special issue of Inside AWAI already in the works for you. She told me she's really pumped up already about the issue. Now … if you know Rebecca and what happens when she gets pumped up … well, let's just say I wouldn't miss it if I were you. Enjoy! And I'll see you back here on the 17th!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." – Mark Twain
As Executive Director of AWAI, Katie Yeakle has been helping people live the writer’s life since 1997.
“AWAI is built on a big promise … that we can teach you a new skill that can lead to increased income … independence from the 9-to-5 grind … and the freedom to live and work where you choose.
“All of us at AWAI stand behind that promise. In fact, that’s how we measure our success – by how many people we help reinvent their lives.
“Follow our proven advice, and you can be among the many successes we’re so proud of.”
- Have a question or comment for me or any of us at AWAI? Send it here: email@example.com
- Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/katieyeakle