David Cross, Director of Marketing for CopyPress
WANTED: Content Writers Able to Work on a Variety of Projects for a Diverse International Clientele
AWAI’s executive director, Katie Yeakle, spoke to David Cross, CopyPress’s director of marketing, about an exciting opportunity for content writers.
Check out their conversation here:
And, here’s more about the opportunity, with a link for applying.
CopyPress is looking for good freelance writers. We need reliable writers able to work on a variety of projects for a diverse international clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write clear, actionable copy that is free of redundancies, filler content, and grammatical errors.
- Interpret assignment briefs to understand project requirements.
- Study style guides and approved content to understand the client’s distinct voice.
- Conduct high-quality research and fact-check before submitting.
- Thoroughly edit and proofread all copy before submitting.
- Collaborate with in-house editors and the project manager, from article creation to client approval.
- Be open to constructive criticism from the internal team and client.
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction.
- Meet all article creation goals.
- Participate in article workshops.
- Ideally a bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience as a copywriter or in a related role preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with AP style
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Experience with SEO is a plus.
- Experience with HTML is a plus.
- You will work as a contractor and are responsible for filing your own taxes in your local jurisdiction.
- The employee is subject to an annual performance review.
Creating things is our passion at CopyPress. Since 2009, we’ve fed that passion by helping customers create great content, convert traffic into sales, and conquer their content marketing efforts. We offer state-of-the-industry content production and services.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties, responsibilities, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, a reasonable representation of its activities, and the requirements to perform it.
CopyPress Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Job Type: Contract
Compensation: 6c–25c per word, depending on project.
Apply by first joining our community of writers here. From there you will then be onboarded. Please say you first heard of the opportunity via AWAI.
The Professional Writers’ Alliance
At last, a professional organization that caters to the needs of direct-response industry writers. Find out how membership can change the course of your career. Learn More »