You Can Make a Very Good Living as a Writer
Learn how to begin writing for money and find freelance writing jobs with American Writers & Artists Inc. …
This Week from AWAI …
Back by Popular Demand! AWAI Badges Prove You’ve Got the Skills
Learn to write 8 of the most in-demand copywriting projects (no sales letters!) and AWAI will verify you’ve mastered the skills.
You’ll build up the confidence and knowledge you need to land clients. And have the samples and “Badges” to prove you’ve got what it takes.Learn More Here.
Want to Get Paid Really Well to Write?
Barefoot Writers have more fun, make more money, and enjoy more freedom. Their secret? An exclusive club connecting them to top-paying opportunities and free perks for writers.
When you join you'll discover:
- The fastest ways to make money as a writer
- Which writing opportunities are the easiest
- How to find high-paying clients
- And much, much, more!
New members save 70%.Hurry! Offer ends soon.
Meet AWAI Members Living the Writer’s Life
Retiree Makes MORE in Retirement than in Her Old Job, While Finding Purpose in Writing
“I came back from the Web Copywriting Intensive loaded with ideas. I was so fired up and had gained the confidence to reach out to clients. Within a week, I got 2-3 good-paying customers.”
Atlanta Professional Ditches Heels, Hose For Freedom of Copywriting
“I feel like in many ways that I am coming full circle, coming back to the idea and dreams I initially had when I was younger. But now, I am in charge of my own destiny.”
Wisconsin Engineer Takes 180-Degree Turn into Health Copywriting
“Job Fair kickstarted feeling comfortable with, and getting, clients. And with each new client, I have gotten better at networking and positioning myself.”
9 E-newsletter Clients Right Outside Your Front Door
August 17, 2018 (06:31:59 am)
E-newsletter clients are all around you. In fact, you probably interact with nine prospective clients in your everyday life. Learn who they are here.
Improve Your Writing by Reading the Right Things
April 13, 2015 (06:46:57 am)
Great writers are also great readers. The same is true for copywriters. One way to quickly improve your skills is by reading samples of great copy.
How to Win the Conversational Style Argument for B2B Copy
August 16, 2018 (06:19:09 am)
The business conversational style is best for B2B copywriting, but some clients prefer a more formal approach. Here’s how to win them over.
The Easiest, Most Direct Path to a Long-Lived Writing Career
July 06, 2018 (06:41:48 am)
To build your writing career the right way, there’s one thing you need to do from the beginning. Otherwise, you’re taking a longer road to success.
Nine Sure-Fire Ways to Optimize Content for Voice Search
August 15, 2018 (06:06:12 am)
Voice search is a growing factor for writers who do search engine optimization. See how you can make sure you’re content is showing up for voice search.
The Case Against SMART Goals
May 31, 2018 (06:42:56 am)
Are the goals you’re setting motivating you? Maybe not… Tim Matassa shares why he isn’t setting certain goals, and why you may want to follow his lead.
Have a Question?
- What’s the best way to make a living as a writer?
- A: There are numerous ways to make a good living — actually a REALLY good living as a writer. The “best path” though depends on your financial goals, what you enjoy writing and reading about, and how much you want to work. Read more …
- How much money can copywriters make?
- A: One of the biggest benefits of learning to write copy is that it opens you up to numerous writing opportunities, all of which pay very well. From $300 online content assignments to $1,500 case studies, and $2,000 social media campaigns to $10,000 sales letters, there's a wide range of fees. And how much you make will depend on which assignments you decide to take on. Read more …