30 Years of Award-Winning,
"When I started out in the mid-1970s, resources for freelance copywriters were almost nonexistent. Looking back, I wish AWAI or a similar organization had been around to help as I was groping for answers: how to find clients, how to price an assignment, how to write copy that pulls. Today, every copywriter can benefit from the gold mine of guidance and wisdom that AWAI offers. That gives you an edge I didn’t have at the beginning of my career."
DON HAUPTMAN has been an award-winning independent direct-response copywriter and creative consultant for more than 30 years.
In the course of his career, he's been a top copywriter, a sought-after consultant, an acclaimed speaker, and a published author. In copywriting circles, Don may be best known for his headline “Speak Spanish [French, German, etc.] like a Diplomat!” This ubiquitous series of ads generated revenues that total in the tens of millions of dollars … and achieved the status of an industry classic.
His winning campaigns are mentioned in three major college advertising textbooks, and examples of his promotions are cited in the books Million Dollar Mailings and World's Greatest Direct Mail Sales Letters. In a column in Advertising Age, Don’s name was included in a short list of direct-marketing “superstars.”
His work was praised by such direct-marketing legends as John Caples, Eugene Schwartz, and Bob Stone.
Last but not least, Don was an early specialist in marketing techniques for freelancers. He created and presented an acclaimed one-day seminar called “Self-Promotion for the Self-Employed.”
Don Hauptman Articles
- How to Build Credibility Into Your Copy
- You Can't Say That … The "Smart vs. Dumb" Rule of Copywriting
- How to Get the Most Out of Creative Conferences: A Nifty Tool for Getting the Background Information You Need from Your Clients … Every Time, Part 1
- A Nifty Tool for Getting the Background Information You Need from Your Clients … Every Time, Part 2
AWAI Programs by Don Hauptman
Are You Missing Out on These
4 Great Overlooked Profit Opportunities?
As a copywriter, and an AWAI member, you possess a lot of valuable knowledge and experience.
Take it from me. Few people have that level of expertise or specialized skills. There’s a market and a demand for it.
Their problem spells opportunity—for you. It means you can share what you know … and get paid for it!
How much? How about $2,000, $4,000, $7,500, $10,000? And not just once but repeatedly and consistently. I did it, and I’ll show you how to do it, too!
And you’ve got a big edge: Your AWAI training perfectly qualifies you to make this great career move.
The opportunities are everywhere, and the potential benefits are huge. What’s more, the rewards go way beyond money, and include numerous other advantages I’ll tell you about below.
What, specifically, are the professional activities I’m talking about?
Copy critiquing. Consulting. Training the staffs of client companies. Speaking at industry events. And more.
All these activities are linked by a common theme: communicating what you know—and being well compensated for it.
Here’s a preview of the great advice you’ll find in this chapter of The Versatile Freelancer …
- The 7 common mistakes nonprofessional copywriters make. Be sure you know them. Why? Because you’re likely to see one or more in every promotion you’re asked to critique!
- How one freelancer discovered a great opportunity for paid critiquing … where she least expected to find it.
- The quick “mother-in-law” test that can instantly tell you if a piece of copy is on the wrong track.
- My 9 key points for promotional critiquing.
- “Wait a minute! Don’t people tend to react badly to negative comments about their work?” Not true! Find out why.
- The ingenious critique marketing technique that one highly paid pro calls “a major cash-flow generator.”