Online Events Manager — Full-time, Remote Position
American Writers & Artists Institute (AWAI) has been helping people launch profitable careers as freelance writers since 1997. AWAI is looking for an Online Events Manager to work with our Training Team. The right candidate must meet the qualifications listed below and will go through a rigorous training program, including training with our web team, as well as hands-on training with our current Online Events Manager.
Job Description — Online Events Manager:
As a member of the Training Team, you will be responsible for managing all the online, interactive events and meetings that AWAI produces each year.
This includes teleconferences, webinars, recording sessions, and occasional in-person events (like Bootcamp) as well as scheduling virtual streaming events on our social media platforms. These events are an integral part of building our relationships with our members and helping them move forward with their training objectives.
The Online Events Manager position is responsible for three pivotal pieces of AWAI’s business: Scheduling, Hosting, Post-Production of all events.
- Experience in events management, video editing/production experience, and/or web-based applications such as Zoom.
- Must be detail oriented. This position must be able to execute and communicate instruction and information with 100% accuracy.
- A strong functional knowledge of computers and the internet. This includes learning new applications, training in new software, researching alternative solutions for online learning experiences.
- Capability and adaptability with online technologies. Knowledge and experience with HTML editing a plus.
- Outgoing personality and dedicated work ethic essential. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Team player; able to respond quickly to obstacles and opportunities with guests and members.
- Masterful ability to multi-task; without error. May be required to host two online sessions at once. Must be able to train and supervise part-time Hosts, if needed.
- Calm under pressure! Smart, friendly and a good sense of humor; must have the patience needed to troubleshoot problems and come up with solutions.
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule when required for our evening classes and events.
- Preference will be given to those who have experience in events management, video editing/production experience, and/or web-based applications such as Zoom. References will be verified.
- College degree or professional experience in event management.
Salary range: $40,000 – 45,000 DOE; plus benefits package including health insurance, 401K, paid holidays, accrued vacation leave. Career advancement opportunities.
Since 1997, AWAI has been the world’s leading provider of copywriting training programs. We believe you can make a great living as a writer with the right training and guidance. And that’s why AWAI prides itself not only on teaching people the skills they need to do the most in-demand and well-paid writing projects today, but also giving them the tools and access necessary to find clients and build a successful writing business.
This is a great opportunity to work remotely with a fun, growing, and dynamic group of talented people who care about helping others develop writing skills that lead to financial security, independence, and freedom. Your participation as a team member is crucial to this position and we seek a professional, enthusiastic, dedicated person to help support our Training Team.
Please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- One-page cover letter, which includes why you are the best candidate for this position. Be specific.
Deadline: May 3, 2021.