What email marketing metrics should I be tracking?
Tracking email metrics can provide valuable insight as to what is and isn’t working in regards to your email marketing efforts.
Below is a list of collectable metrics that help identify reader trends.
- List size — Number of people who received the email.
- Opens — Number of people who opened the email.
- Subject line — Was it so compelling that the open rate was higher than usual? Or vice versa?
- Click-through-rate (CTR) — Of those who opened the email, how many people clicked a link?
- Comments — Did the email compel people to share their thoughts? If so, what was the overall feedback?
If you promoted a product in the email, you can also review the sales for the product.