“The Copywriter’s Copywriter”
“Right now, the demand for copywriters is growing. The Internet has changed the way businesses reach and communicate with their customers. With the growing popularity of email, customers expect contact weekly – sometimes daily. Our workload has doubled – maybe even tripled – and it just seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year.
One of the things I love about this business is that it puts no constraints on you. You can carve out your own niche. You don’t even have to ‘sell’ anything if that’s not your style.
Do you gravitate toward the financial markets? There are big writing opportunities in this field. There are literally thousands of publications in all investment areas that need writers to promote them.
Are you health conscious? Great. Baby boomers are reaching retirement age. They crave information on products that can help them remain healthy, happy, and disease free. Again, there are thousands of companies looking for people who can communicate their messages.
Love to travel? Interested in home-based businesses? Have a favorite charity you’d like to help out? Have a special hobby or expertise? Trust me. The possibilities – and the opportunities – are endless in the $2.3 trillion direct-marketing industry.
AWAI’s Accelerated Program for Six-Figure Copywriting is the best correspondence program for copywriting I have ever seen – in fact, the best copywriting program I’ve seen anywhere, in any form. Anyone who wants to get into direct-response copywriting would benefit enormously from taking it.”
BOB BLY is an independent copywriter and consultant with more than 25 years of experience in business-to-business, high-tech, industrial, and direct marketing.
He has written copy for over 100 clients including Network Solutions, ITT Fluid Technology, Medical Economics, Intuit, Business & Legal Reports, and Brooklyn Union Gas … and has won numerous industry awards.
Bob is the author of more than 90 books including The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Direct Marketing (Alpha Books) and The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt & Co.). His articles have appeared in numerous publications such as DM News, Writer’s Digest, mtrak Express, Cosmopolitan, Inside Direct Mail, and Bits & Pieces for Salespeople.
A master of getting clients and business-building, Bob is extremely generous in sharing his expertise with aspiring copywriters, marketers, and entrepreneurs. To date he has hired at least a dozen AWAI members to help him in his own publishing ventures.
Bob is always a top-rated speaker at any event, offering entertaining and informative presentations on many different aspects of direct marketing.
Articles by Bob Bly
- 3 Secrets for Jumping From $20,000 to Over $100,000
- 10 Ways to Make a Six-Figure Income As a Freelance Writer
- Tips From John Forde and Bob Bly on How to Get Ahead in Tough Times
- Interview With a Pro: Copywriting Master Bob Bly
- What Bob Bly Looks for in the Writers He Hires …
Books by Bob Bly
- The Copywriter’s Handbook, Third Edition: A Step-By-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells
- Secrets of a Freelance Writer, Third Edition: How to Make $100,000 a Year Or More
- The Online Copywriter’s Handbook: Everything You Need to Know to Write Electronic Copy That Sells
- Selling Your Services: Proven Strategies for Getting Clients to Hire You (Or Your Firm)
- Fool-Proof Marketing: 15 Winning Methods for Selling Any Product Or Service in Any Economy
- Complete Idiot’s Guide to Direct Marketing