Everything You Need to
Land New Clients Fast…
Work With Them Effectively…
Keep Them Loyal Decades Into the Future…
Get Paid What You’re Worth…
and Leave Your Competition
Choking on Your Dust!
Lori Haller, here. During the 20 years I’ve been a graphic designer, I’ve talked to hundreds of aspiring and seasoned designers alike. And in nearly every conversation, I could count on four questions coming up time after time. They were certainly on my mind when I was starting out… and I suspect they’re on yours, too:
- What’s the fastest way to get new clients?
- How do I price projects so I make good money without charging too much and possibly losing the client?
- How do I develop strong relationships that will keep clients coming back?
- How do I set myself apart from the competition?
Now you can get the answers to these and over 300 other questions in The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business.
This meaty volume came out of the conversations I’ve had with designers just like you – and my own hard-learned lessons – on how to get great clients and keep them around for a long time. For instance, I’ll show you how to:
- Find new clients in simple, everyday places
- Make one contact that can bring you work from dozens of businesses
- Take the “pulse” of potential clients to make sure they’re a good fit for you
- Turn one project into two and boost your opportunities for future assignments
- Build a rock-solid proposal that will win you projects over other designers
- Get paid the highest fees from your clients
- Negotiate projects so you and your client both come out feeling like winners and enjoy working together
- Educate your clients on what it takes to properly support projects, so you turn out your best work for them every time
- Prepare in advance for last-minute changes, so you always look professional
- Develop client communications that will give you an edge over the competition
- Have fun with your business, enjoy your clients, and make MORE money with LESS stress
In just one short month, you’ll know what took me years of trial and error (and a lot of emotional bumps and bruises) to figure out before I got my business humming along at a six-figure clip.
And this is just the beginning…
Fill Your Calendar With Great Clients a Year in Advance
I Use to Land Loyal Clients
and Price Projects Right –
8 stress-free ways to find new clients…
7 strategies to produce top-quality work…
6 questions to ask your client so the project gets off to a great start…
5 signs that you should avoid working with a potential client…
4 steps to “frame up” a project before you give a price estimate…
3 questions to ask your client to ensure you get paid what you’re worth…
2 questions to ask yourself before you take on a project…
The best way to quote prices to a first-time client…
And much, much more!
“So, are there really enough clients out there for freelancers?” a colleague asked me the other day. “I don’t want to quit my job, then have to go beg for it back if I can’t get clients.”
I understood his concern. I had the same fear when I started out. Maybe you do, too. So I’ll tell you what I told him…
There’s a TON of work for us freelancers!
Here’s what I mean. Right now, 25.5 million small businesses are operating in the U.S. alone – with another 600,000 adding to that number each year.
And every one of those businesses needs communication and marketing materials for their prospects and customers. Most of them aren’t big enough to hire an in-house creative team or an expensive ad agency. So where do they go for graphic design?
Freelancers, of course.
And what about the 7.2 million mid- to large-sized corporations in our country that have started downsizing their creative departments and outsourcing copy and design to cut costs? Or the 5,200 major mailers that need sales letters, magalogs, tabloids, brochures, premiums, and other direct-response designs month after month?
Plus, with the power of the internet and email, your opportunities to land international clients are now virtually unlimited.
So you see, the question isn’t whether you’ll find enough great clients out there. It’s… do they know you’re here, and that you want to work with them?
It takes only a handful – a tiny little drop in a sea of 32 million companies to keep you as busy as you want to be.
In fact, the few companies I work with have booked projects with me well into next year. And this happens year after year after year. The jobs are set, the clients committed, the contracts signed, and the fees paid months ahead. So I never have to worry about business slowing down or big gaps between projects (unless I schedule them for vacations and family time, of course).
If I could show you eight stress-free ways to stockpile a trove of committed, high-paying clients a year in advance… would you be interested?
If your answer is “YES,” then you need The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business.
“Solid advice for graphic designers of all skill levels! It’s full of excellent tips and information for the beginner as well as a great refresher for us old pros. It has inspired me to look into new creative resources.”
—Kris Myhre, Blue Sky Designs, Lewistown, MO
Keep Them Coming Back Decades Into the Future
Maybe you’ve heard of designers that start freelancing with high hopes of making great money, only to get caught in a “feast or famine” cycle. At times they’re so busy they can’t keep up, then comes a stretch of inactivity and their income dwindles. They get discouraged. They give up. They head back to the employee ranks.
But this WON’T happen to you!
Because The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business is chock-full of practical advice to bring clients back in the door for years down the road. For example, you’ll discover how to…
- Craft powerful proposals that convince clients to use you instead of the competition. You’ll learn step-by-step how to map out winning proposals and present them with clarity and enthusiasm your clients can’t resist. I’ll even throw in copies of my own proposals and presentations for you to follow.
- Make first-time clients fall in love with you. It’s in your best interest to understand as much about a potential client as possible, so they enjoy working with you and keep coming back. I’ll show you how to build a reputation with new clients as the “go-to” designer. Not the cheapest, but the best to work with.
- Capture repeat business and referrals. This can make the difference between a business that’s profitable and one that’s just getting by. I’ll share my success secret for keeping 100% of my clients in the fold – many have been with me for over 10 years.
- Stay top-of-mind with your clients. Some clients may have only a few projects for you each year. Don’t take the chance they’ll forget you and go elsewhere. I’ll show you five subtle ways to stay in touch (without seeming like a pest), so you’re the one they always come back to.
Follow the success blueprint in The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business, and in just four weeks you could be hearing the happy jingle of your telephone delivering new clients (and profits) to your business.
Now if you’re like me, the idea of taking those first few calls might be a little scary. But the last thing you want to do is sound rushed and disorganized when you’re talking to a new client. You want her to believe that you’re the right person for the job –– that you can deliver whatever she needs in a professional manner.
Since I sometimes get nervous and can’t think clearly when I’m on the phone, I created a template that helps me make a winning impression.
It’s simple, to the point, easy to use, and works every time. In The Ultimate Guide, I'll explain how to use it.
With The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business, not only will your clients stay loyal… but they’ll be thrilled to recommend you to coworkers, friends and acquaintances. Just think of the opportunities that would create for new projects and profits!
Get Paid What You’re Worth…
Has this ever happened to you? You’ve presented your carefully thought out fee for a project. The client looks interested but says, “I can’t spend that much money.”
Uh, oh. What do you do now?
If you agree to his price right away, he’ll think you tried to gouge him with your first quote. If you stick to your guns, you stand to lose the client and the opportunity for more work.
After struggling with this many times, I’ve come up with four simple questions to ask a client before I give a quote. With these in mind, I can nail down a fee that makes us both happy… the first time… without haggling.
Use these questions with your own clients, and here’s what you’ll find:
- You won’t bid yourself out of the running by overpricing your services.
- You’ll have the flexibility to MAXIMIZE your fees.
- You’ll give your clients the impression you’re easy to work with.
- You’ll look like a consummate professional in their eyes.
It’s amazing how four little questions can wipe out the tension and confusion of pricing projects. I mean, who couldn’t benefit from such an easy dead-on pricing system?
I’ll walk you hand-in-hand through this system and give you specific guidelines for pricing brochures, flyers, logos, magalogs, ads, books, catalogs and more.
You’ll know how to… price projects right every time… make sure you get paid what you're worth… avoid giving clients sticker shock… spot extra costs that can sneak into a project… avoid losing money on your jobs… save time, hassle, and headaches… and feel confident that you’ve covered all the bases.
And just as important, you’ll also…
Leave the Competition Choking on Your Dust!
While most freelance designers have to get by on $60,000 a year (and designers in corporations make even less), I consistently rake in six figures.
Why the big difference?
Well, I can tell you it’s not because I’m smarter or a better designer than they are. I’ve seen some of their work and it’s fantastic! But it’s not bringing them the kind of profits it could.
I’m convinced it’s because I’ve discovered a few secrets the others either don’t know or simply don’t do, such as…
- 7 strategies for producing TOP quality work. Just one of these strategies helped me stop a client from making a huge mistake – saving him many thousands of dollars and a ton of embarrassment in front of his boss. Guess who’s been the “hero” designer ever since?
- My best design secrets. The most profitable designs are deceptively simple to create (just don’t tell your clients that!). I’ll share my most treasured under-cover tricks for cranking out designs that make clients a lot of money and keep them coming back for more.
- Real-world answers. Strategies on how to set up your studio for high production (without laying out a lot of cash)… create an inspiring workplace to keep your creativity burning white-hot… organize projects to avoid stress and keep your mind free to design… chart the typical flow of a project so you always meet deadline… and grow your business beyond your wildest dreams.
None of these secrets are hard to do. Yet they’ve made a BIG difference in my business – and will do the same for you. Not just in the level of success you’ll achieve, but in how quickly you’ll achieve it.
Never Again Worry About the “What Ifs”
When I started my business in ’99, I really didn’t have anyone to turn to for advice. Few books covered the freelance design business. And NONE talked in-depth about working with clients.
The design end of things was easy enough, but when it came to dealing with clients and fees? Well, I felt like I was groping my way through a maze in the dark. I certainly made my share of mistakes. I often charged too little. I let some clients get away with too much. And I wrestled with the same “what ifs” that might be worrying you right now…
What if… you agree to a low rate (with the promise of more business) and then the person who made the promise leaves the company?
What if… a client pressures you to accept a schedule that’s too tight for you?
What if… the client doesn’t like your design?
What if… a big project gets cancelled halfway through?
Fortunately, the “what ifs” don’t happen very often. But you can avoid them all together if you know what to do before you speak with a client. I’ll explain it all in this guide. I’ll also tell you the right questions to ask to make sure your projects run smoothly from the first day.
Get Started Fast… Right Out of the Gate
Now that you’ve decided to pursue a freelance design business… take a minute and accept this offer to fast track your success right from the start with The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business.
And in the meantime you’ll be giving yourself some very important gifts…
- How to avoid the productivity sin that even old pros commit. If you allow yourself to fall into this habit, it’ll rob you of your chance to come up with winning designs.
- A simple way to build a solid winning portfolio within a few days. Instead of waiting weeks or months for samples to trickle in from clients, this trick will multiply them fast.
- The review tactic that virtually eliminates errors and misunderstandings between you and your clients. Even if several people in a company have to review your design, this approach keeps everything organized and helps you handle changes quickly and efficiently.
- Shave weeks, months, even years off of the time it would normally take to start a design business.
Lori Haller has been a successful graphic designer for over 20 years creating winning direct-mail packages for a wide variety of clients and industries. These include health and fitness, investment, and consumer/ business associations and services.
She has a great deal of experience in logo design, corporate identity packages, product development, new product launches, packaging, magazine and newsletter design, annual reports, brochures and book design.
To create so many WINNING direct-mail campaigns that “beat the control,” Lori has learned the critical questions to ask every client, strategies to produce top-quality work, enjoyable ways to keep her creativity at its peak, and an unbeatable system for working with clients and pricing projects you won’t find anywhere else.
And now she’s putting these secrets and more into your hands in The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business. Don’t miss your opportunity to learn from one of the best.
In a nutshell, this guide will help you avoid the pitfalls common to the design business and achieve your goals faster than you ever thought possible. I only wish I had this kind of information at the beginning of my career. I could have saved myself years of trial and error.
To order your copy of The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business, just click here.
But before you order, let me tell you about a free gift you'll receive..
Accept This Essential Business Gift – FREE!
When you order The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business today, you’ll also receive a DVD copy of my pricing seminar from the most recent AWAI Bootcamp… absolutely FREE!
You’ll feel like you’re sitting right in the room with me at the Delray Beach Marriott as we master the intricacies of pricing projects and creating timelines together.
This seminar takes the information in The Ultimate Guide to a whole new level of understanding. Because now you can watch the reasoning behind this method unfold as you walk with me step-by-step through the pricing sequence. In less than an hour you’ll know…
- Every task you have to include when figuring how much time a project will take and what to charge for it – from the time you spend on the first phone call with a client to the time you spend preparing the design for the printer
- How to map out the pricing sequence for your client in a polished, professional-looking proposal
- When you should ask for fee deposits, and what to do if a client tries to get out of them
- How to handle the extra costs when a client requests additional graphics or services as a project progresses
- How to turn a $500 job into a $3,000 job and win a loyal client who will be with you for the next 20 or 30 years
- How long you should wait before invoicing so you get paid in a timely manner without looking greedy
- How to apprise clients of project progress so they feel like they’re “in the loop” and you’re working as a team toward their success
- Simple ways to make your client look really good in front of his boss – and make you look like a hero
Frankly, people pay a lot of money to attend the AWAI Graphic Design Bootcamp where I give this seminar – upwards of $2,000. And many have told me they found the seminar so valuable they’d gladly pay that much for this one presentation all by itself.
And when you think about it, even at that price, you could recoup the cost with just one sales letter or newsletter project.
“Yesterday I decided to listen to your DVD on pricing – the one about how not to overcharge or undercharge. Wow! What a great help that was to me. Even as a copywriter, I sometimes find it hard to price things still.
I just thought you were able to lay it out so clearly and simply. I like the fact that you take into consideration who it’s for and how much they’ll make from it when you figure the price. Even though that might seem obvious, it still gets hard sometimes. So I found your advice very helpful. Your approach works really well for writers too!”
But don’t worry. I’m not going to charge you $2,000 for this breakthrough seminar. Instead I’m going to give it to you absolutely free… no strings attached… when you purchase The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business for just $59.
I can’t think of a better way to start your business than with the ONE program that solves all your biggest challenges: landing great clients… working with them effectively… keeping them loyal decades into the future… getting paid what you’re worth… and leaving your competition choking on your dust!
But don’t take my word for it.
Order The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business and my FREE pricing seminar on DVD today.
Then, take your time to look them over.
And, if in the next 30 days you decide The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business isn’t for you? No problem! Because AWAI backs all of their programs with a full money-back guarantee. Just let us know within 30 days, and you’ll receive a prompt, courteous refund of your purchase price – no explanation necessary. Plus, you can keep the free bonus DVD as our gift to you, no matter what.
We’re that confident that you’ll love the invaluable and life-changing information in The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business.
So why not make the leap into your own highly profitable graphic design business today? Click below now to order.
To Your Success!
Haller Art Studio
P.S. Good news! I just heard from AWAI that in addition to my pricing seminar on DVD, they'll also throw in a CD that contains the PDF of the full guide, as well as all the business forms I talk about in my Bootcamp workshop -- again, these bonuses are absolutely FREE, and yours to keep, even if you return The Ultimate Guide.
That means you’ll receive sample invoices, project quality control sheets, project summaries, proposals, scheduling sheets and more – already created for you. All you do is download them from the CD and tweak them to your own needs.
Pricing projects just got a whole lot faster and easier!
Listen… four weeks goes by fast. Don’t miss out on your dream of starting your own highly profitable graphic design business in the next month. Order The Ultimate Guide to Building a Highly Profitable Graphic Design Business TODAY!